Ajit Pawar called Pune top cop after Porsche accident: What he said

2 weeks ago 20

NEW DELHI: Maharashtra deputy chief minister

Ajit Pawar

on Monday confirmed that he had called the Pune police commissioner after the Porsche accident.
Speaking to reporters in Mumbai, the deputy CM said, "As a people's representative, we receive calls regarding such accidents. I police commissioner and told him that the accused boy was from a wealthy family and there was a chance police might be pressured.

I told him not to succumb to any political pressure."
Earlier, Anjali Damania, a social activist, had claimed that he had called the Pune police commissioner after the Porsche accident.
Blaming the parents of the teen accused in the crash, Pawar said the parents ignored his behaviour which resulted in the death of two young professionals. "The minor's conduct in the Pune accident is highly irresponsible. It happened because the teenager's parents ignored his behaviour. The son is in an observation home and his father and grandfather have been arrested," he said.

Asked about his party MLA Sunil Tingare, who had visited Pune's Yerawada police station hours after the accident in the Kalyani Nagar area, Pawar said, "Tingare himself has clarified his stand. He later met me in Pune and presented his version. I have asked top police officials to take strict action against cops or doctors who tried to dilute the probe."
Meanwhile, two doctors from

Sassoon general hospital

, arrested for destruction of evidence against the minor were sent to police custody till May 30.

Another arrested employee of the hospital was also sent to 3-day police custody. The arrested individuals include the head of the hospital's forensic department.
The accident, which occurred in the early morning of May 19, resulted in the deaths of two IT professionals when their motorcycle was struck by a speeding Porsche Taycan car at Kalyaninagar at 2.30am, allegedly driven by the minor.
The police also obtained CCTV footage from one of the pubs visited by the boy, where he reportedly paid a bill amounting to Rs 48,000. The minor accused, who was taken to Sasoon Hospital for a medical examination, had his

blood sample

allegedly switched with another sample during the course of the investigation.
According to the police, the teenager was under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident. It was later discovered that the minor's blood report was swapped with that of another individual who had not consumed alcohol. As the police awaited the blood sample reports, the manipulation came to light.
To prevent any further tampering, the police had collected two samples from the boy. According to the Pune police commissioner, second blood sample indicated alcohol consumption by the teen accused.
(With PTI inputs)